1. What will a student’s weekly schedule look like?
- Once a week classes on Wednesdays
- Full time students (2:30-9pm) Part-time students are any schedule variation different than full time commitment
- Leadership practicum during Sunday services with lab time during the week
- Students are encouraged to attend all church events as well as ministry specific gatherings (ie. Youth, Anchored, Young Professionals, etc)
Fall Semester: Dates & Breaks
- September 13th, 2017- January 24th, 2018
- Thanksgiving Break ( November 20th- November 25th)
- Christmas Break ( December 24th- January 14th)
- International Trip (Sometime in January- Date TBD)
Spring Semester: Dates & Breaks
- February 7th- May 30th
- Spring Break ( March 26th- March 31st)
- Graduation ( May 30th)
2. What does it cost to be a student for the 2017-2018 school year?
- $2,600 for the full school year with full time enrollment (including materials and international trip)
- Price is based on full time or part time enrollment
- If you are looking for part time enrollment please list on application and tuition will be discussed with school administrator
3. What are the classes we will be taking?
There are multitude of classes offered at SDCLC. To give you an idea, Fall 2017 classes may include:
- Basic Doctrine 101
- Basic Doctrine 102
- Holy Spirit
- New Testament Survey
- Life of Christ
4. What are the Ministry/Lab options?
- Youth San Diego
- Children Ministry
- Anchored Young Adults
- Grow Track/ Assimilation
- Pastoral Assistance/ Support
- Social Media/ Marketing
- Evangelism/ Outreach
5. Can I skip the 1st year if I already have college credits or ministry experience?
The intent of the program is for you to attend the 1st and 2nd year consecutively with the purpose of building on the foundation of our first year. Two years with SDCLC will develop leadership skills and provide practical training opportunities.
6. What are the degree options for a 2 year degree?
- ATh (Associates degree in Theology)
7. What is the environment of the college?
We are located in the suburbs of San Diego in the beautiful 4s Ranch business park at The City Church. We are 20 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes from downtown San Diego, 1 hour from Disneyland, and 2 hours from Hollywood. Our average temperature year round is 75 degrees and sunny!
8. Are scholarships available?
Scholarships are not currently available, however we do offer a very affordable Payment Plan.
Student Housing is not currently available. To add your name to an interest list for student housing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For financial assistance please contact Sharoll Damron.